If you’re looking to make extra cash by betting on your favorite sports, you’ve come to the right place! This blog post will discuss everything you need to know about sportsbooks. okbet online casino talk about the different types of wagers you can make and how to read odds. So whether you’re a seasoned vet or a complete beginner, this post has something for everyone!
Different types of bets
- Spread bet – The spread bet is most common bet. With this type of bet, you’re fundamentally wagering on if a team will triumph or lose by a definite score.
- Moneyline bet – If you’re not interested in gambling on the point spread, then you can bet on the Moneyline. This type of bet is simply a bet on which team will win the game outright.
- Over/under bet – Another popular type of bet is the over/under bet. With this type of bet, you’re betting on whether the game’s total score will be over or under a specific number.
- Proposition bet – In proposition bet you bet on something unrelated to the game’s outcome. e.g. you might bet on whether a specific player will score more than 20 points in a game.
- Future bet – In future bet you make a bet made on an event that will take place in the upcoming future.
- Parlay bet – A parlay bet combines the bets of multiple people into one single bet. If all of your bets win, you will win a larger payout.
How to read odds
Odds are the most crucial part of sports betting. Without understanding the odds, you will be unable to make informed bets.
- Decimal odds – You simply multiply your bet by the decimal number in decimal odds to determine your winnings. e.g. if the decimal odds are two, and you bet $100, then you will win $200 if your bet wins.
- Fractional Odds you determine your winnings by multiplying your bet by the top number and then dividing that number by the bottom. e.g. if the fractional odds are two-to-one, and you bet $100, then you will win $200 if your bet wins.
We hope that this guide has given you a crash course on sports betting and that you’re now ready to hit the ground running!